13.1.08 CURFEW FOR MINORS.
(A) No person under 17 years of age shall be on, remain in or upon any streets, alleys, or public places in the City between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
(B) No minor between the ages of 6 and under the age of 13 years shall remain in or about any public place, street, highway, or any establishment between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
(C) This section does not apply to a minor who is:
(1) Accompanied by a parent, guardian, or custodian;
(2) Accompanied by an adult specified by a parent, guardian, or custodian;
(3) Carrying out an errand or other lawful activity as directed by a parent or legal guardian;
(4) Occupying the sidewalk of the place where the minor resides, or the sidewalk of a place where the minor has permission from his or her parent or guardian to be, or the sidewalk of a next-door neighbor not communicating an objection to a police officer; or
(5) Participating in, going to, or returning from:
(a) Lawful employment;
(b) A lawful athletic, educational, entertainment, religious, or social event; or
(c) Interstate travel.
(D) Any minor under 14 years of age who violates any of the provisions of this section shall be dealt with as provided in Wisconsin Childrens Code Chapter 48.343(1), (2), (3).
(Ord. 572, passed 11-2-88; Am. Ord. 636, passed 7-24-91) Penalty, see § 13.1.99